I played the demo and was intrigued so I purchased the full game for $20 a few hours after.
Some spoilers ahead.
A few things:
- The soundtrack is amazing and gives ambiance
- The art is beautiful and leaves little to be desired
- The plot is well laid out and though not all answers are given, it doesn't take away from the story at all
- There are some really funny moments
- There are grammatical errors and sometimes awkward sentencing throughout, I assume that's because it's translated, but for a game worth $20 I expected it to be a clean copy
- MC is kind of a downer (very self-pitying and self-doubting) and can be naive, she can also be read as a little ditzy. Her personality doesn't seem to change much - HOWEVER, this is a dark VN, and MC's struggles are realistic and relatable, and her compassion shouldn't be mistaken as stupidity
- Yes, MC can be a hornball, but it's actually important to the story
- I wish MC was written with more depth. I wish she had more power than simply being an amplifier for others. It would have been dope to see her use her powers during the endings where she and her LI(s) have to escape
- I enjoyed that every choice was meaningful and there seems to be quite a lot of branching - how you treat people at the beginning and your interactions throughout determines future choices
- Not all the branches take you to the same story. For example [redacted] is a serial killer in one route but part of the team in another. The variety is -chefs kiss-
- I want an official guide, especially for Cassel because I couldn't find many fan-made ones. I would pay extra money for that. When I first started playing I got Kind Loner's route like 4 times even though I chose different stuff each time, and then in another run-through, I somehow kept getting the same bad ending over and over
Overall, a good investment considering there are more routes to come. I'll certainly be following this project and buying anything else from this creator.